AsiaLoveMatch.net (ALM.NET) collects or may collect the following information:
Contact Information which must include an email address where we can contact you. It may also include your name, mobile phone number, other phone numbers or address details. This information is collected as part of the member registration process and is provided by you. You can update it at any time.
Profile Information such as age, gender, nationality, interests, marital status, location etc. Please look at any profile on the ALM.NET site to see the full range of information collected. This information is collected as part of the member registration process, and is provided by you. You can update it at any time.
Communications (by email or other means, which pass through the ALM.NET systems) between yourself and other members or employees of ALM.NET.
Personal Information provided voluntarily by you. This could be in response to surveys, contests or online activities.
Emailed Comments and/or opinions of other members or site visitors about you. These may include testimonials, complaints and general member feedback.
Private Notes about you whereby another member may add you to his or her list of favourites and make notes there to help him / her remember his / her communication with you. These notes are only ever visible to that individual member. ALM.NET does not monitor or look at these notes in ordinary circumstances.
Unidentifiable information, such as your IP address, browser type, pages visited etc. None of this information identifies you personally.
ALM.NET generally uses personal information to:
1. Provide you with products or services you have requested
2. Personalize and customize your experiences on ALM.NET
3. Post profile information on the ALM.NET website that is used to promote you to our other members. As such, it may be viewed by individuals anywhere in the world
4. Manage and enhance ALM.NET services
5. Communicate with you (including forwarding messages from other members)
6. Provide you with ongoing information about opportunities on ALM.NET in which ALM.NET believes you may be interested
7. Give you the opportunity from time to time to receive e-mail and 'e-newsletters' from ALM.NET
8. Communications with other members are passed on to those members automatically. They are also stored for a limited period so that they can also be accessed via the ALM.NET website by either party
9. Other personal information provided voluntarily by you is used to better understand our members and to help us improve and promote our services
10. Testimonials are posted on our website and included in emails to members to help promote our services. ALM.NET assumes that both partners mentioned in a testimonial are happy for the testimonial to be used in this way
11. Complaints are investigated as appropriate. The fact of the complaint may be recorded and details stored in case of future complaints against the same member
12. Other members' private notes about you are used there to help him / her remember his / her communication with you. These notes are only ever visible to that individual member. ALM.NET does not monitor or look at these notes under ordinary circumstances
13. Non-personally identifiable information is aggregated and used to help us improve our service and infrastructure. ALM.NET may also provide your information to:
a. Third parties engaged by ALM.NET to perform functions on its behalf, such as processing credit card information, mail outs, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising
b. Third parties authorized by you to receive information held by ALM.NET
c. Other third parties, as required by law
ALM.NET storage and security of personal information:
1. All information is stored on the ALM.NET systems. Safeguards including physical, technical (firewalls, SSL encryptions etc) and procedural methods are used to protect this data.
2. You can update your contact and profile information at any time by logging onto ALM.NET website and following the appropriate links.
3. Communications with other members are deleted from our systems on a regular basis.
4. Other personal information provided voluntarily by you in response to surveys, competitions etc is deleted on a regular basis as soon as possible after the end of the event.
5. Testimonials, complaints and other feedback are stored indefinitely.
Accessing personal information ALM.NET holds about you:
1. You can access all the contact and profile information we hold about you at any time, simply by logging on to the ALM.NET site. If you have forgotten your login details, click here
to have your password sent to you.
2. If you would like to know what other information we hold about you, please contact us by email at email@example.com
. Please include your ALM.NET username and tell us the email address on your ALM.NET account
In case of a question, problem or complaint about our use of your personal information
Please contact us in any of the following ways by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please include your ALM.NET username and the email address on your ALM.NET account.
ALM.NET 'cookie' policy
As a default, we use a feature of your browser called a 'cookie' to assign a user ID. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from the site you are visiting and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are very common and completely normal throughout the Internet. Cookies do not harm your computer nor can they access information stored on your computer. The primary purpose of cookies is to maintain your customized settings on a site. Members that do not accept cookies will be able to log on to the site, but profile identifying information will appear in browser URLs and may compromise account security.
Balancing Members’ Privacy Needs and Rights:
1. Please note that as a general policy, ALM.NET does not review the content of private e-mail messages or screen the Profiles posted by ALM.NET members (although it may periodically review the information posted in the public areas of the service) and accepts no responsibility for resolving disputes between members.
2. ALM.NET receives communications from members concerning other members. These may be testimonials, complaints or general information. ALM.NET aims to be as open as possible with all its members, without compromising the privacy of any individuals.
3. If you complain about another member, we may advise that member that a complaint about him / her has been received. However, we will not tell the member who made the complaint without your express permission. Further, if we suspect that the member would be able to identify who made the complaint, we will not advise that a complaint has been made unless we have your express permission.
4. When a complaint about a member is received, no action will be taken unless the complaint is substantiated by evidence. However, a record of the complaint may be made and included in the data held about that member.
5. Communications between two members will be released to either member on request. They will not be released to third parties.
6. If another member has written 'private notes' about you, ALM.NET considers that those notes were written for that member's use only, and to display them to others would be a violation of that member's privacy. Those notes will not as a rule be released to you, even if you request all information held by ALM.NET about you.
ALM.NET staff use of and access to information;
ALM.NET employees and contractors may also be members of the site, and their employment may give them access to information not generally available to other members of ALM.NET or the general public.
The following code governs the behaviour of ALM.NET employees and contractors:
1. They will not use personal contact information or other personal information held by ALM.NET for any purpose other than the performance of their jobs and/or contracts.
2. They may not post profiles, and under no circumstances may they contact ALM.NET Members except for the express purpose of performing their employment and/or contract duties.